Amazingly Good Eggnog
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ready-in 0 mins
4 cups milk
5 whole cloves
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 1/2 cups light rum
4 cups light cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine milk, cloves, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and cinnamon in a saucepan, and heat over lowest setting for 5 minutes.
- Slowly bring milk mixture to a boil.
- In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar.
- Whisk together until fluffy.
- Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs.
- Pour mixture into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil.
- Strain to remove cloves, and let cool for about an hour.
- Stir in rum, cream, 2 teaspoon vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.