Homemade Pear Cider
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Ready-in 0 mins
10 whole pears cut in half, stems and seeds removed
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 cinnamon sticks
2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon whole cloves
1 vanilla bean pod, split open
- Combine the pears, sugar, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, vanilla pod and allspice in a large stock pot and cover with water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce it to a simmer and cook for 1 hour uncovered. After 1 hour, you can mash some of the pears (they will just fall apart). Cover the pot and simmer for another 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, let the mixture cool slightly.
- Strain it through a fine mesh sieve to remove the solids.
- Serve hot with cinnamon sticks
- Store in a sealed container or jar in the fridge.